Tuesday, August 20, 2013

He is Just not that into You

How can I be in love with a guy who doesn't feel the same way about me?
When it comes to our own lives and to that ONE special guy who makes us weak in the knees, who plucks at our heart strings with both hands tied behind his back, our Spice Girl power goes out the window faster than you can say “I don’t need a man to validate me”. 
This guy becomes our blind spot, your strongest weakness. 

Just in Case (more commonly known as “Just In Case”) is a smooth operator. 
He knows how to push our buttons. He knows how to get under our skin. He knows how to offer just enough of himself to keep us hooked. He doesn't really want us to stay, but he doesn't really want us to go either. 


This is where your relationship status on Facebook becomes “complicated” while you’re daydreaming of family holidays and how you and his mother (whom you have never met) gets on like a house on fire and no matter how black and white we need the terms of our relationship to be, we are willing to stay in a perpetual state of grey just to keep him around. 

We quite obligingly allow ourselves to take up residence in “Relationship Purgatory” because we’re not willing to give up the ghost of Justin Case and move on to something bigger, better and way more permanent. And therein lies the crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magical conundrum of Justin Case.

What I have personally experienced is the bad news about Justin Case, his poisonous venom: he will be perfectly content to keep you around... indefinitely, JUST IN CASE something “better” never comes along. The thing is, when you finally realize you’re worth so much more, it won’t be so hard to finally close that door! Yes, I was crazy about him. Sometimes my heart still skips a beat when I hear his name. I loved him (or I was infatuated by him) but I loved me more.

And I loved him, God how I loved him. It wasn’t love of course... even I can see now that it was infatuation. But at that time it damn near killed me. It’s so passionate, so intense, so painful that even years afterward, I still feel hurt when I hear his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment