Saturday, December 28, 2013

Oriste Femi-"Timaya sees me as a threat that's why he doesn't want to collaborate with me"


You all know Oritse Femi who sang the hit track"Mercies of the Lord" among several others .Here is what he said during an interview with Vanguard


Talking about Timaya, he is a good friend and right from time, Timaya has always seen me as a competitor. You know sometimes, someone can be your friend and still feels you are the only problem he has. The last time that I called him that we should do a song together, he said we are going to do it but he kept postponing it because he sees me as a threat. He doesn’t want a situation whereby people will be comparing us.  Timaya is a good artiste and he has his own energy and he keeps doing what he knows how to do best but to me, I don’t see him as a challenger. I can compete with any artiste in the world.

What was the first fee you got as an artiste?
My first money is small; N5million. And five million naira then is 50 million naira now.It was in cheque because the people that gave me the money knew I have never handled such amount before and they didn’t want to cause problem. When I saw the cheque, I was stupefied, speechless and continued staring at it as if it were a dream.  I wasn’t too sure but when I saw the money in front of the cashier men! I was like wow, and from there the inspiration rose and that should be around 2004/2005
Wow 5 million as an artiste in 2004/2005 and that's small? Lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment