Monday, December 22, 2014

Timi Dakolo & Wife share their amazing love story......How we met & fell inlove!


Timi Dakolo and wife Busola have been married since 2012..With 3 kids, their union keeps waxing stronger and are seen everywhere together.In a new interview with Punch, they share their amazing love story

How did you meet each other?


Timi: 
We met at the House on the Rock church. I was not searching then, but simply minding my own business when I spotted her. I was standing behind the choristers on the podium when I sighted this fine girl. I went to speak to her by asking her why she was frowning in church. I remember saying, ‘Hi, my name is Timi Dakolo,’ and she said, ‘and so?’ You would not believe that she gave me a fake number and I started searching for her every Sunday until I finally caught up with her and challenged her for giving me a wrong number. It was my lucky day because that was how we started talking. This was in 2010.
Busola:

I gave him my genuine phone number but he thought it was a wrong one. Unfortunately, my phone got missing that day. After service, he followed us in a car to know where I was staying and later on, he kept coming to the house.

Why didn’t you attend to him the first day?
 Busola:
I was not in a good mood that day. I went to church with a dampened spirit. I agreed to attend the service that day because I was encouraged to do so; it wasn’t just a good day for me.
How did the courtship fare?

Timi: 
Initially, she suggested that we remained friends. I was afraid she could end up placing me in the ‘friend zone.’ I begged her to allow us move beyond friendship to lovers but she insisted. This was after more than a year. I patiently waited because I knew what I wanted.

Busola:
We courted for two years and some months. I never knew I could get married to someone in the entertainment industry. I felt they were not serious-minded people.

Why is Timi an exception?

Busola: 
While he kept asking me out, I realised he was different from other artistes. He turned out to be a wonderful person.

Did you have the conventional proposal?

Timi:
I went to visit her and then put the ring in an empty plate of food. I was a little scared that she might say no but at the same time, I was convinced it was time to do it.
Busola:
 It happened early in the morning. He said he wanted to make me breakfast in bed then he came with the plate covered and stayed a few minutes. I wasn’t expecting anything more than noodles but he opened the plate and brought out a ring.

 What is that thing you would love to change about each other?

Busola:
He stays on the phone for too long. I want him to spend more time with me instead of being on the phone.
Timi: 
She should be fast when we are going out and apply her make-up hurriedly.

How do you manage disagreements?

 Busola:
We both apologise.

Timi: 
Whoever is at fault apologises first and more often than not, she does. I also do occasionally.

Do you two run a joint account?

Busola:
 No, we trust each other and don’t need to show each other our bank statements.
Timi: 
We don’t have joint account but monthly budgets. We have different accounts for different things and support each other financially

No comments:

Post a Comment