Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Saraki tells Code of Conduct Tribunal Today-"I am here because I'm the Senate President...


Senator Bukola Saraki who appeared before the Code of Conduct Tribunal today initially refused to sit in the dock despite requests to. When he eventually did,he said:



“I am a firm believer of the rule of law. I have come here to subject myself before this tribunal. I strongly believe that I am here because I am the Senate President”.
“I felt that the CCB should have called me. We have been hearing about new Nigeria but this is the first time this kind of thing is being done without following the due process. Nigerians are watching and the world is also watching. I will confirm myself to the due process. So as i stated, I want to say that I am not guilty”, Saraki stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment