Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Annabell Mbock ----- A must read on Air Experience (Turbulence)

Hi friends,
The last time I travelled I shared my experience at the NYSC headquarters and for those who missed it CLICK HERE. This is a continuation of my story, my verification date was on the 31st of January so I returned to Abuja and it was the same routine queue up sign in blah blah blah……….. It was my turn I went in and all my documents where verified and I was asked to pick my call up letter next month.


 Excited I headed out to the airport to catch any available flight back to Lagos. I bought my ticket from an airline, won’t mention name but by their characteristics ye shall know them (never on time, cancel flights, change of flight timings without explanations or apologies) I am aware almost all the airlines do this but there is one Hymmmmm sealed lips lol….. Anyway an hour past and we were still waiting finally they called and we boarded.

 At this point we discovered it was a very small plane which carried not more than 50 passengers. The pilot addressed the passengers and informed us that at some point “there would turbulence but as usual sit back relax and enjoy your flight”. We took off and like 30mins later the pilot took over again and informed us of the turbulence ahead so we would be prepared.

AMB readers this is where the action began the plane was shaking seriously and all of a sudden the woman seated behind me taught she was holding on to my sit while screaming blood of Jesus but no it was my hair and trust me she held on tight….
“While everyone aboard was screaming blood of Jesus I was screaming Madame please my hair, my hair,” it hurts so bad that I couldn’t join everyone to scream blood of Jesus” I wonder if the woman saw Jesus on my hair…. God have mercy back to the gist.

Some minutes later it was peaceful we had passed the turbulence area and was set for landing, everywhere was quite with just small whispers of blood of Jesus,  that continued at the background at this point I knew the blood of Jesus my mum always scream at home can’t be compared with the women on my flight lol.

And as soon as we touched down come and see people registering their anger. One girl woke up and said she would petition the airline for training a fresh pilot with people aboard and that’s why we had such a terrible flight…. Oga pilot but why, everyone became aware of the situation and started talking and screaming and…. One man got up and said “now you landed safely why not go home,  you didn't attack the pilot during turbulence now that you landed safely you want to talk”…. He has a point

But my question is why are people lives not valued in this country?  Why would you train a fresh pilot with people aboard?  In as much as we know the pilot will not endanger himself, training should be held elsewhere.

The End

2 comments:

  1. hmmmmm thank God for saving us, always one scary story or the other when ever one is on any domestic flight.Allow foreign partners to join the domestic root, no way. God will rescue us from these monopoly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha!
    thank God say the woman no pull off ur scalp cos i no prepare to lose my blogger goddess.
    any wich way sha,be hppy, Naija de grow. both nysc and air experiences are only programmed to help u acclimatize enough wit naija pattern. nice welcome back for u.

    ReplyDelete